Wound Care Seminar Speakers Announced
The schedule and speaker lineup for the third annual Wound Care Seminar is now available on the OHFAMA website.
The Wound Care Seminar, to be held Saturday, November 4 at the Embassy Suites - Columbus Airport, offers 6 hours of Ohio Category 1 CME credits and features lectures on the hottest topics in Wound Care from leading experts in the field.
2023 Seminar Schedule
|Saturday, November 4, 2023
|Wound Care - Approaches and Options to Consider|
|07:00 AM - 07:45 PM||
Introduction, Basics, and Ancillary Treatments/Techniques in Wound Care - Richard Schilling, DPM
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Practical Guide to In-Office Wound Care Treatment - C. Graham Frazier, DPM
• The presentation will discuss pathway guides to wounds with associated CPT codes.
• The audience will review what to consider when a foot is salvageable.
• The session will review complicated cases that have been successful.
|08:30 AM - 09:15 AM||Identifying the Arterial, Venous, and Lymphedema Patient for Podiatrists: When to Send to Vascular – Tim Yates, MD
• The presentation will help in how to determine which arterial patients need urgent vascular care intervention and determine which do not.
• This will be a clinical presentation of significant venous insufficiency or post-thrombotic syndrome.
• The session will discuss lymphedema and how to differentiate this from venous disease.
|09:15 AM - 09:30 AM||Panel Discussion and Questions Moderator – Richard Schilling, DPM|
|09:30 AM - 10:00 AM||Break – Visit Exhibitors
|Wound Care - Understanding Scientific Data and Medical Evidence
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||Stem Cell Therapy - Hype vs Reality – Wenjay Sung, DPM
• Attendees will understand the definitions in this branch of medicine.
• Attendees will be able to distinguish products currently in the marketplace.
• The presentation will discuss how to learn about marketing and actual scientific evidence regarding stem cell research.
• The audience will be updated with the latest stem cell scientific finds and applications.
|10:30 AM - 11:15 AM||
Wound Care from an Infectious Disease Standpoint - Jane Emerick, MD
|11:15 AM - 11:45 AM||Podiatry Folklore – Wenjay Sung, DPM
• The session will casually open the audience up to understanding education versus bias.
• The session will humorously explore how certain habits for professionals develop.
• The audience will discuss why to re-visit the evidence of certain podiatric "truths."
• At the conclusion, attendees will have a healthy skepticism regarding newer methods and an appreciation for traditional pathways.
|11:45 AM - 12:00 PM||Panel Discussion and Questions Moderator – Richard Schilling, DPM|
|12:00 PM - 12:30 PM||Lunch – Visit Exhibitors|
|Wound Care - How to Evaluate Infection and Recent Changes
|12:30 PM - 01:15 PM||
Medical Mythology of the Infected Diabetic Foot – Andrew Crisologo, DPM
|01:15 PM - 02:00 PM||
Recent Coding Changes Including Updates on Skin Substitutes and CTPS - Sarah Abshier, DPM