- The Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association is vested in your success as podiatric physicians and surgeons.
- We are Ohio's champions for quality foot and ankle medical care for our members and we proudly keep Ohioans on their feet - walking for a healthy future as productive citizens.
- We give our member support today, so that they are prepared for tomorrow's podiatric medical practice issues.
- Our member community is one of the fastest growing podiatric medical associations in the United States in 2013. We have achieved this member growth through dealing with critical business and regulatory issues that occur in today's professional practice arena.
- We are the "go to" resource in Ohio to meet your practice demands.
The Ohio Podiatric Medical Association (OPMA) is dedicated to serving and protecting the public's foot health and protecting, promoting and advancing the professional practice of podiatric medicine and surgery through regulatory and legislative channels in Ohio. By providing quality medical and surgical care, we keep Ohio's citizens independent, ambulatory and walking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The OPMA was founded in 1915. In 2012, our name changed to the Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association (OHFAMA). Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, the OHFAMA represents over 600 licensed and resident podiatric physicians and surgeons.
The OHFAMA consists of eight geographical State Academies: Central; Northwest; Northeast; North Central; Mideast; Eastern; Midwest; and, Southern.
The OHFAMA is the Ohio state component of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) in Bethesda, MD.
The Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association is committed to exceeding the expectations of its members by innovating, educating and advocating to empower the OPMA membership's success.
The primary purpose of the Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association is to act as a single voice for podiatric physicians in Ohio to ensure the highest quality of medical/surgical foot and ankle care to patients by representing Ohio's podiatric physicians in governmental relations, increasing public awareness and advancing professional education.
OPMA Volunteer Operational Policies and Processes
OPMA Strategic Plan - (2008 - 2013)